Operating large machinery is dangerous when done without the right knowledge or physique. When it comes to your business, it’s natural to want employees in peak condition to not only increase productivity but also to keep everyone safe. So if your employees need a CDL and require a physical to get it, see how Freedom Urgent Care can help you in either Killeen or Harker Heights.
What is a CDL and Why Is It Important?
Most commercial vehicles are much larger than your standard personal car. Because of that, their drivers often require a special commercial driver’s license (CDL). But in order to get this license, drivers must complete a physical that ensures they are in the proper shape to operate these vehicles. So, what does a DOT physical entail?
What is a DOT Physical?
Valid for up to 24 months, this physical helps ensure that a business has workers who can keep themselves and others safe as they continue their day-to-day duties. Here are a few things you can expect to see in a DOT exam:
- Vision. If their eyesight isn’t what it should be, they could be a danger to themselves and others as they drive.
- Hearing. Without the right hearing capabilities, drivers may not be able to hear possible dangers or incoming issues.
- Blood Pressure/Pulse Rate. Excessive blood pressure or pulse rates could indicate other issues.
- Urinalysis. This is not just a drug test, but also a way to spot issues such as diabetes. It’s important that employers can help their employees stay healthy.
- Physical Examination. This covers a large variety of categories with the intent of finding any issues that employees might need taken care of to ensure their work isn’t affected.
Can Freedom Offer More?
Of course, we do offer more to employers than DOT physicals. In order to help other businesses keep their employees in tip-top shape, we offer the following employer services:
- eScreen Services. Instant testing to get negative results in your hands in 15 minutes!
- Drug and Alcohol Tests. If an employee isn’t sober, they could be a hazard to themselves or others. Keep everyone safe with a test.
- Injury Treatment. Accidents happen. Let us help your employees get back to work quicker.
- Immunization Programs/TB Testing. Staying up to date with vaccinations will keep your workers healthier and safer.
- Respirator Fit Testing. Some jobs have a higher risk of respiratory hazards. Stay safe with help from our professionals.
Get Your CDL Physicals in Killeen or Harker Heights Today!
Are you ready to begin the process with us at Freedom Urgent Care? Begin utilizing our services and see how your employees can thrive! If you have any questions for us, feel free to give us a call at one of our locations in either Harker Heights or Killeen. From here, we can also discuss the needs of your employees. We can’t wait to hear from you and help your business thrive!